Wednesday, October 29, 2014

4 days till the NYC Marathon!!

It's almost time to run 26.2 miles!!

Actually it's less than that now.  As I write this email I'm within 96 hours of my start time for the NYC marathon!

It's hard to believe that the day is almost here!  I've been thinking about running this race for years, and been planning to run this race since January when I made the decision to commit to fundraising and training for what I hope will be my best marathon.

So let's catch up - I know it's been a few weeks since I posted last.

Let's talk:
1) health
2) training
3) fundraising

1) Health 

I am GOOD TO GO!  I feel healthy, strong, and pretty much injury free.  KNOCK, KNOCK, KNOCK on wood!!

2) Training 

I've completed my training to a level of satisfaction.  Will I EVER be completely satisified with my training?  Probably not.  I never seem to have enough time for all the strength training I want to do, the stretching, the cross training, etc.  Do I eat the best possible diet?  No.  But for the most part I'm satisfied with my training.   I ran a lot of hills, I did two 20 mile runs a few weeks ago, and I've been tapering down these last couple weeks to rest and recover.  I have been getting a weekly sports massage to work out some kinks as well.  The last few days I've been trying to sleep more and eat better - and along with the excitement of the race is probably why I feel super charged right now. 

LET'S DO THIS!

3) Fundraising

After 21 weeks of fundraising - I've already exceeded my goal!

What can I say?  I'm at $6,444 right now, and my goal was $6,000.  I didn't know if it'd make that...so I've already exceeded one of my goals for this race and I cannot thank you all enough for your support.  I literally would not be able to run this race without your generosity.

Thank you!

I'm going to be adding some ribbons to my race shirt in celebration and in memory of those that have been affected by cancer.  If you would like me to add a ribbon with someone's name on it, I would be honored to carry that person with be as I run through all 5 Burroughs and cover 26.2 miles of New York City.   Please let me know ASAP.

It's also not too late to donate!  If you haven't yet, and would like to donate - now is the time!!  No amount it too big, and no amount it too small! 

If you are able and would like to make a contribution to my campaign to bring more birthdays to the world:

CLICK HERE TO DONATE


No comments:

Post a Comment