Friday, September 12, 2014

Challenge day 5 - let's finish strong!

First off, I have to give out a GIANT thank you to everyone who has donated to the American Cancer Society this week as part of my fundraising campaign for the NYC marathon.  I've truly inspired by everyone's support and generosity.

CLICK HERE TO DONATE

On Wednesday I went to the pool early and swam the longest distance I've ever done - 2100 yards or about 1.2 miles in just over an hour!  Then on Thursday I got up at 4am to get a long run in and ran 9 miles faster than I have in months.  I'm feeling good and am trying to stay healthy. 

Fundraising is tough.  It's actually hard for me to ask friends, family, even strangers I meet for money.  I know there are lots of other worthy causes people donate to, or that people may be unable to donate at all.   That's why whenever I get a donation I'm always so excited and honored. 

This week was about trying to kick the fundraising up a notch, and it's worked.  But I'm not done.  Cancer isn't quitting so neither am I.
 You want to know the hardest part of running the 26.2 miles of a marathon.  It's the last .2 miles.   About 1,000 feet.

You've already been on your feet running like crazy for hours, and you are so close to the end.  Sometimes you can even see the finish line in the distance. 

But you aren't there yet.  You have to keep going! 

That's where you have to dig down deep, and give it everything you've got left, and finish strong.

Here I am fighting to the finish line with a 15 year old at a neighborhood race.  I was giving it my all.


At the finish line of the Disney Marathon earlier this year.  After everything Brenda went through the year before and all the training I did I jumped for joy at the finish line.  So high that I practically jumped out of the picture.

Because what's the point of holding back at the end?

And that is where we are today, the end of my challenge week.

So if you've been holding back, now is the time to get in those donations!  Let's push that fundraising thermometer so far up cancer's ass it cries mercy!  AND WE WON'T SHOW IT ANY!!

Together we can beat cancer.  But I need your help. 

If you are able to, please consider making a donation today.  As I've said before and will say again, no donation is too big but more importantly no donation is too small!!  Whatever you can spare will go to an extremely worthy cause. 

PLEASE CLICK HERE TO DONATE
 


No comments:

Post a Comment