Monday, September 15, 2014

Week 15 recap - challenge week results

Hello everyone!

First I am gonna say THANK YOU for everyone who donated and for those that answered the call to my "challenge week."  The results were amazing.  More on that in a bit.

THANK YOU for all your support! 

If you didn't get a chance to donate yet, and would like to be part of the excitement the link to donate is here:

CLICK HERE TO DONATE

So for a quick recap on the training from last week:

Health
Continues to be good (knock on wood) though I do need to keep up with my stretching!  Hard to find the time to do everything.

Training
I ran 3 times this past week
1) a 5 mile run at a 9:32 pace as I was recovering from the half marathon last Sunday
2) a 9 mile run at an 8:17 pace, as I was feeling good and wanted to push the speed
3) a HILLY 19 mile run at the Waterfall Glen Forest preserve in Dupage where Chicago runners go to train on hills since I want to be ready for NYC which I hear is hilly.  It's tough.  My pace was 11:24, mostly walking the last 4 miles.  Ugg....

I also swam twice last week, including a new personal distance record of 2,100 yards on day, 900 the second day, and I found a little time for my PT exercises a couple times.  I hope this week goes as well.

Fundraising
So the big news is the challenge week as a HUGE success!  I may all my daily goals for the first part of the week, and just tons of support at the end of the week.  Together we raised over $3,000 last week, and I'm now just hundreds short of my goal of raising $6,000 dollars for the American Cancer Society.

Just amazing, THANK YOU ALL!  

I actually made a little video to thank all of my supporters so far, it's about 17 minutes long, check it out if you have the time.  I hope I didn't forget anyone.



If you can't watch the video, here's the quick recap:

I love graphs, so here's a snapshot of my total fundraising amount by week.

Challenge Week raised over $3,000!  That's amazing!!!

I'm not done yet though, there are still 48 days till the marathon and I want to raise as much as I possibly can - so I still need your help.

Marathon training is hard.   It's physically demanding, mentally challenging, and it takes a lot of time.  For my 19 mile run on Sunday I had to drive 30 miles out to the course, then warmup, run, cooldown and stretch, drive back home, shower, etc.  It was almost the full day.  I can't continue to take that much time away from my family.

This may be the last marathon I run, and it may be the only time I raise money for a charity.  Fundraising is hard - everyone has been so supportive but I can't expect everyone to keep giving me money.

So this may be the one and only time I do this.  So I want it to be EPIC!

Be epic with me!  Let's kick cancer's ass together!

If you are willing and able, please consider making a donation.

CLICK HERE TO DONATE

No comments:

Post a Comment