Friday, July 25, 2014

100 days to Glory





100 days from today is the NYC marathon, and as they say "if the good Lord is willing and the creek don't rise" I will be there to participate in my 4th marathon ever, and my 3rd of 2014!!

Hard to believe that just over a year ago I was pretty much unable to do anything athletic because Brenda was going through her breast cancer treatments, chemo especially.  Surgery was tough on her, but I think chemo was worse.

But here we are, over 1 year after treatment ended and what a difference!  Brenda is doing great, our kids are awesome, and I've been able to run with a vengance.  I've run more than ever before in a 12 month period. 

Maybe too much.  I've been resting my right foot for the last couple of weeks, but I'm going to give it a go tomorrow when I run the Big10K.  I probably won't be going all out, I just want to finish feeling good.

In the meantime I've really come to enjoy swimming as a form of not just rehab, but exercise.  It's a workout.  I want to keep going so I can get faster and more stamina in the pool.

So here we are...100 days to go.  I'm almost done with the busy season of work, and as long as my foot cooperates I should really start to put in some LONG runs over the coming months.  Stay tuned.

Also thanks again to everyone who's donated to my campaign so far.  I've half way to the minimum and that's awesome!  I really want to do more than just the minimum thou.  Who knows if I'll ever want to, or be able to, raise this kind of money again for the American Cancer Society - so please help me to make as big an impact as possible.

As the sign says...100 days till THE NEW YORK CITY MARATHON!!!

CLICK HERE TO DONATE


No comments:

Post a Comment