Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Week 8 - Tri and try again


Hello everyone.  Thanks for following along as I work towards my goal of raising $6,000 for the American Cancer Society and to run the New York City Marathon.  Here’s your weekly hump-day update.

Let’s start with my training.  

 
I’m going to the doctor later today to get a check on my right foot.  I’ve had some strain in the big toe and it would hurt to run long distances.  I’ve been resting it, and been swimming instead.  A lot.  I have also been trying to bike on the weekends to have a longer cardio session. This past Saturday I did run a 10k race, it was the Big Ten Network’s BTN Big10K, and it was a lot of fun.  I did the 6.2 miles in fairly good shape, my foot felt overall okay.  When I was done I decided to bike a bit, so I went for a 20 mile bike ride.  That went well too, so I figured why not go for a swim too?  I’ve never done all 3 in one day before.  So I swam 700 meters. 

It wasn’t official, and it wasn’t in the proper order, but I’d done my own little triathlon that day.  I may never do it again, but it was interesting.  The next day on Sunday I went to play Ultimate Frisbee in the morning, and that is a workout too.  Having to take the last few weeks off from running hasn’t been that bad, in some ways I almost feel more fit. 

I do need to get back on the road, and hopefully I will soon.   In the meantime, cancer doesn’t stop so neither will I.  One way or another I’m going to be ready to run the NYC marathon on November 2nd.

Fundraising



VERY EXCITING NEWS!  I am at the 1/3 point of my goal to get to $6,000 as I have now raised $2,000 thanks to all of your amazing generosity!  I am humbled and inspired to keep on going and really make a difference on the war against cancer. 

Please, if you are able to, keep those donations coming.  Together I know we can make a difference in the lives of so many people affected by this terrible disease.

No comments:

Post a Comment