Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Week 7 - just keep swimming




Time for another weekly update on my training for the New York City marathon.

TRAINING:

I’ve been swimming a lot it seems.  I’ve been to the pool 4 times in the last 7 days.  You know what?  I kinda like it!  Don’t start thinking that I’m gonna do triathlons, I am not an open water swimmer so I’d have to get used to that.  However so far, I kinda like it and I think I’m getting better.  I know I have a lot I can improve about my swimming, but so far it’s good cross training. 

I did get the aqua jogger belt late last week, and I did try it out.  I’ll try to use it again this week once or twice in the pool.  Basically it’s a big foam belt I wear on my waist and it let’s me “jog” in the water to simulate running.  With luck, I won’t loose too much fitness before I get back on the road. 

I also went for my first really long outdoor bike ride this past weekend, I had enough time to ride for 18 miles and felt pretty good.

I’m going to try and run the Big10K this weekend, I signed up for a it a while ago.  I have the pride of the Illini to uphold – so I hope that my foot feels good on Saturday.  But we’ll see. 

In the meantime, between the biking, swimming, and some yoga I did – I think my fitness level is okay.  

I'll "just keep swimming, just keep swimming" on my way to the New York City Marathon in 103 days!

FUNDRAISING:

Not a good week.  I didn’t get any new donations, so that’s kind of a bummer.  I’ve still got 3 months before the race, so I know there’s lots of time to raise more – but if you are planning to donate and can throw a couple bucks my way sooner rather than later I sure would appreciate it.   

No comments:

Post a Comment