Monday, June 9, 2014

First Week Recap

I'm off to a good start for the NYC marathon. 

My knee is feeling good, I ran about 19 miles last week including 13.1 for my 12th half marathon even on the south side of Chicago.  My time was not the fastest, but the fact that I could run the whole time made me feel good.  I've got to keep up with my PT exercises and stay healthy!

My fundraising is off to a good start as well.  Thanks to some generous donations from some really great friends and family this week including:  My sister Jill and her husband Michael, my Cousins Barry and Cheryl, Mike and Erin, and friends Neil and Paul - thank you all for your generous contributions.  I really, REALLY appreciate it.

I've attached a quick graph of my progress, I thought it might be fun to see how I'm doing towards my goal of raising at least $6,000 for the American Cancer Society. 

Tonight is a local meeting of the ACS's Team DetermiNation runners - I going to try and make it.  I'm sure there will be a lot inspiring and fun people.

146 days until the marathon! 

CLICK HERE TO DONATE


No comments:

Post a Comment