Tuesday, June 3, 2014

IT STARTS TODAY!

It starts today.

My training for the 2014 NYC marathon.

But not just that, I'm also going to try and raise $6,000 dollars for the American Cancer Society in support of not just what my wife went through last year battling breast cancer, but for everyone else out there still fighting it.

I plan blogging away these next 5 months, letting you all know how my journey is going.  I really REALLY want to get a time under 4 hours for the marathon.  So this training will be a struggle for me.  Physically I'm still dealing with some runners knee.  I'm heading into a busy time of work, and also training in the summer heat can be a real pain.  However, none of those things compare for what it was like to see Brenda, or anyone, have to deal with cancer.  So you won't hear me complaining and I'm going to use that as my inspiration to take a bite out of the big apple.

So won't you join me?  Obviously I'm looking for your dollars here, but more than that I'd be honored if you would take the time every so often to check on my progress, if your local maybe go for a run with me.  Anything and everything would be most appreciated.

I hope to have lots of fun raising money, and I've even got a few goofy ideas in mind over the coming months.  It'll be like a telethon, sorta.  Except it's a MARATHON!  Get it :-)

So come on!  Together I think we can do something really great!

Please help.

Thanks so much,
Ben

CLICK HERE TO MAKE A DONATION

No comments:

Post a Comment