Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Rain run - feeling the pressure

So today was my first day of running 2 days in a row in two months. But it's national running day, and I felt the added pressure to run a bit today. I've been rehabbing a sore knee from the Thousand miles I've run the last 12 months - so it was time to push a little and I felt good. It even rained a little, and I like a drizzle rain run now and then even if it makes it harder to see with my glasses.

More of what I wanted to talk about was about the fund raising aspect of the NYC marathon. 

The running I think I've got under control. I've done 3 marathons now, so I think I know what's in store for my physical training. 

Maybe that's the problem. I know what the long months ahead will bring. And now that I have friend and family who are putting up the cash to allow me to gain an entry into the marathon - it's just upped the ante. 

One of the toughest parts of the marathon training is to stay injury free. Which means I have to stretch and strengthen and cross train. All the things I'd like to do, but somehow never make time for. 

Well I better make time for then now. Because in 151 days from today I WILL be running the NYC MARATHON!  

Having my friends and family support me does add a bit of pressure to make sure I stay injury free, but at the same time it gives me more motivation to make sure I stay healthy. It kind of makes me feel like we are all on a team now. 

So please if you can make a donation to my page. I can always use extra teammates!  


You can try this link to get to my fundraising page: 




No comments:

Post a Comment